2.24.2013

Ski Week - Part 1 - Actually Skiing

It was Ski Week...so what do we do?  Well, go skiing of course!  After school on Friday, we packed up and drove down to Paw Paw and Gung Gung's house.  It took a while and we got to LA kinda late.  Course, super happy to see Paw Paw and Gung Gung!  On Saturday, we drove up to Big Bear.  It would have been an easy drive, but the grownups decided they wanted to eat at a place called Din Tai Fung....we must've taken the long way and by the time we got there, it was crazy packed...over an hour wait!  What?  We ended up eating at another Shanghai style restaurant that was still yummy.

With our bellies full, we carried on....up the mountain on a very windy road!

That's Cameron and I....

Here comes speed racer.

This is my face as I come down the mountain

Enjoying the view at lunch.  It's fab up here!

Okay, another one.

Snow play with Cameron at the peak.

Too bad C isn't smiling otherwise this would be a good picture...

There's our table.  HI Gung Gung!

Ahhhhhh!



Following Gung Gung's lead.  For some reason, I keep thinking if
I put my hands behind me, I'll go faster....but I'm wrong.


Thanks for skiing with us Gung Gung!!!

Okay, ready, set, go!!

Happy boy with happy grandpa!




Bye!!!

I'm in the lead!

Making snowballs

Look at my pile!


Hmm...this track...isn't working....

Such a nice day to go sledding...

We had so much fun romping around in the snow.

Ready for a snowball



Wahooooooooo!!!!!

Apple and cheese snack with Paw Paw

Some friends of Mom's and their kids came over for a visit. 
And we were crazy in the snow!

The night before we were leaving....the skies dumped over a foot of fresh powder.
Great for skiing and playing...but not so much for driving.

Kids at work...

Nice white roads...but slow going with chains.

On the way home, we did stop at Din Tai Fung for some Shanghai dumplings...they were so good, I ate 8 of them.  (one order has 10) I also ate 3 servings of green beans.  It was really good.  Then I had some dessert.  I was pretty darn full after that.  We had a great ski trip.  Two days on the slopes, I'm learning to parallel a little bit and ski with control.   And this is only part 1....


Here's video of my skiing...



No comments: