12.30.2011

Dec Ski Trip

So despite the lack of snow, we went to the mountains last week.  Things turned out much better than we expected.  In fact, I had the best time and I love skiing.  Maybe it's the speed.  We did a lot this trip, lots of skiing, skating, snowmobiling, ice skating, snowball-making, and arcade games. Oh, and golfing, and go-cart racing and tubing.  Wow.  It was a good trip.

Scroll down for the video...there are a ton of pictures.

Here we are getting a quick lesson on how to ride the mini snowmobiles. 
I'm actually supposed to be 6 to ride this, but he didn't ask, so I got on.
And anyhow, I rode better than some of the other kids before me.  
I got good control.

Speeding around and around.

Vroom, vroom!

Here comes Cameron!

Fun on the tubes

Look, I fit!

Okay, here's Mom.  Her first attempt in probably
9 years....she did alright. Must be like riding a bike.

All set for class!

A little trouble with my skis.

Here I go! (just got off the lift)

Riding the lift with my teacher, Lupe.  The next day, we saw her
wandering around the lunch area and I offered her our extra seat.

Just got off the lift with Mom.  I'm pretty happy, and 
Mom, well, she's pretty stunned.  We both made it off
the lift without falling!!!

Happy boy

Coming straight down....Mom following.

Stuck.  Cameron's coming to get me.

Nice big brother, helping me out.

Another day, another lesson, another lift.

Driving range? (ignore my poor grip)

Fore!

Ice skating at Northstar.  It's hard.

Jumping around.

Riding the lift with Cameron...

So....how we gonna get off this thing?

Cameron's telling me how to get off....

Here we come!

Barreling down.

Another run before school starts.

Riding solo

Look back, look back...reach back....sit?

Yes, I made it!!!!

This says it all.  I'm happy.  I love skiing!

No comments: