9.27.2015

Tennis Team!

I joined my tennis school's tennis team.  We have 7 games this season.  Some are away and some are "home". Originally, my coach wanted me to sign up as U12 Green Ball (under 12), but because I new to USTA, I have to follow the regular "path"...and so I had to sign up as U10 Orange Ball.  The ball we use is deflated a bit and the court is slightly smaller.  I normally play green ball, so it's going to be an adjustment to play orange.

My first match was today and we played in Fremont.  Our team is quite big, we have 14 players, though only 12 showed up.  Unfortunately, the Fremont team only had 3 players.  So I think only 6 of us got to play a real match.

So, I didn't play in the first round, but we used to time to practice. When I finally got to play, I played against a boy named Kyle.  He was about the size of Cameron....so he was a pretty big kid.  I learned I was the "team captain"...which I think means I'm #1 on my team.  Apparently, Kyle was #1 for his team too.  We played a good game, but I won 4-1.  Yeah!


Here is video of some of my game.

No comments: