11.20.2014

My tooth....

A month, I had a bubble on my gum...

It was pretty much like the one Cameron had...but my tooth is not supposed to come out until I'm 10 or 11.  An Xray told the dentist that my grown-up tooth was actually coming up already...and pushing on the baby tooth.  It didn't hurt actually, and after a couple of days, I even busted it.  White pus came oozing out.  It was really weird.

The dentist didn't want to remove the tooth if he didn't have to.  Since the bubble was an infection, he gave me antibiotics.  Removing the tooth early would mean that I'd need a spacer/retainer.  Which then means more upkeep and cleaning.  The meds worked and the bubble went away....

Or so we thought.  Fast forward to now and the bubble is back.  Not back to it's former glory, but there was definitely something not quite right.  So back to the dentist we went.  

I was numbed up (yes, I surely felt the shot) and he began.  First he did some measurements, I think fitting a band around the tooth behind the one being removed.  Then...he tried to remove the tooth....it hurt and I let him know.  More numbing medicine.  It helped a little.  Eventually, he removed the tooth...and do you know what he found?  A cyst.  Under the tooth next to the root.  It was a small gelatinous looking bead....maybe 2 cm wide.  Nasty.  He said that was causing the infection and the bubble.  My mouth was numb and now I had a big hole in my gum...and he still had to make an impression.  It was hard to hold still, so I hope he got a good one.  I have to go back in a couple of weeks to get the spacer fitted.  Yikes.  I hope it doesn't hurt as much as the extraction.  

Here is a photo of my tooth....it's the craziest tooth I've ever seen.  






No comments: