4.20.2014

Chilly East Coast Spring Break

We flew to Toronto as soon as school got out on Friday.  And we arrived super duper early on Saturday morning.  Good thing Paw Paw was already there.  She picked us up at the airport and we went back to her hotel.  We actually didn't see Toronto....we were in Markham, which was close to where Tai Paw lives.  She's 92 years old and we couldn't wait to meet her.


We dressed up to see her.  Sort of.

An introduction to the Game of Life.  We should get one.


Later that night, we had a big family gathering.  We have lots of cousins!

I'm glad they had a pool at the hotel.  We swam 2 nights.

Late that night, Paw Paw took us to "siu yeh".  I had a grass jelly drink.  It was good.  

After dim sum with some Grand Aunties, we drove 2 hours to Niagara Falls.  

That's crazy.


We saw a couple rainbows.  


At the vegetarian place with Tai Paw.  I'd rather eat some meat...vegetarian is not for me.

Duck.  Now we are talking.  This Peking Duck was super good.  Loved it.  I ate many wrappers....

Mmmm....good.


On our last day, we woke up to snow.  Just a dusting.  But boy it was cold.



After arriving in NYC finally (you can read Cameron's post on NYC and our flight fiasco), we headed to the Burger Joint.  Yes, I finished the entire burger by myself.  At the end, it was too messy and I didn't want to hold it, so Dad had to help me. But I did finish.

Check out all the lights.

Ready to watch Aladdin.

Good seats Mom!


After show snack.  Halal.  Oh it's so good.

@Levain Bakery.  Ginormous cookie.  I got a cinnamon brioche.

@Intrepid.  Balancing on the massive ropes.

Inside the Growler  (a submarine)...this is the bathroom.  Yick.

Did you know 100 men would be in the sub?  So cramped and no windows.

They have these tiny doors to squeeze thru.

@L'Ecole.  Good food.  I could eat here everyday...really.  I had steak and I loved it.  So good.

Thumbs up, Chef!

Carriage ride in Central Park.


Horsey want a carrot?  Please don't eat my hand.

Being silly at Lincoln Center.





@Museum of Math.


Replicating Cameron's baby picture.

Toast!

Gnocchi?  I didn't order gnocchi.  I want steak.

And steak I got.  Thanks Dad!  I ate the whole thing.  Well, except for the mushrooms.

Break from biking in Central Park.  Nice Park.

We bought drinks from this crazy guy in Central Park.  I guess some would think it was funny, but he was just plain weird.



Shakespeare's garden.  

Dendur.  Done.  Can we go now?

Hey, I'm in China!

We flew back to SFO and it was super late.  So Dad hired us a limo to drive us home.  It was super nice!  Wish we had one of these!

No comments: