Last year, I asked Mom if I could do the triathlon this year, but only if I get some swim lessons. Mom agreed. Though, when it came time to sign up for the tri, I wasn't too confident and tried to back out. Ha ha. But, Mom said it would be good for me and that I'd get lots of swim training. So...we started swim lessons. Luckily, it's been pretty warm around here, so it's been nice to go swimming after school (twice a week).
My first lesson was pretty good. I was actually able to swim the 4 required laps...1 freestyle, 1 backstroke, 1 freestyle and 1 back. But, I did have to rest in the middle of the freestyle laps. It's just a lot harder than the backstroke. I have 2 1/2 months, so hopefully I can build up my endurance to do it without stopping!


No comments:
Post a Comment