3.24.2013

Ski Trip #3

We kinda went crazy.  3 ski trips in 6 weeks...crazy, but so much fun!  I love skiing and thankfully, I'm getting better.  This trip, we went to Squaw Valley.  It's a gigantic mountain with lots of nice green runs and even some blue ones that I can do.  I went all the way from High Camp, down to the bottom.  And it wasn't that hard.  I even did it during the night skiing session...though, I wasn't too fond of night skiing because the snow was icy.

Remember this chair?  From years ago.

The last time we were in Squaw...my brother was wearing this jacket.  

Bet he didn't have this awesome orange helmet cover.

It's 830 in the morning and we are ready to get this day started.  
Where's the tram, people?

Up at High Camp - the pool is open for business...brrrrrr

Mountain, here I come.

Hi Mom!  You're so far away.  This chair seats 6!  What?

Well groomed.  But I didn't like the ridges.  It was much better in the afternoon.

Always time for snacks...

Taking the funicular to lunch.

Nice view!

Back up for some late afternoon skiing...it's actually what they call "night skiing"

Hmmm...should we be doing this?

Uh oh!

Mom's binding broke during the first run of night skiing...so she sat it out.
While we went all the way to the very bottom and then rode the tram back up again.

This is my first run of night skiing.  It wasn't that cold, but I didn't like that the snow was now icy,
and noisy too.

The races they had going on this weekend ended with a bang.
Fireworks on the slopes!  Awesome!

Fireworks!

Another beautiful day

Wandering the village.

Mom and snowball

Time for tubing

Wahooooooooo!


No comments: