10.25.2012

Kindergarten Conferences

So Mom went to the Parent-Teacher conference to find out how I've been doing.  I went to our neighbor Andrew's house while she was away.  I had so much fun.  They have a trampoline and we jumped until our faces were red.  Then we played basketball and then frisbee.  It was super fun and I want to play with Andrew again.

Mom knew I would be fine in Kinder.  Well, better than fine.  I'm doing really well.  I got mostly E's and 3's (out of 4, E for excellent).  Some stuff she hasn't covered so we weren't evaluated on those things, but I'm pretty sure I can do them.  :)  

Also, I correctly filled out a form that no one else could fill out...After reading a story, we had to fill this out (well, just the 5 of us kids in my reading group).  

It's practically 1st grade work!

 I can also read or hear a story or personal event and retell it in the correct order.  My reading comprehension is good too...so I'm not just reading the words.  And I'll be starting on some AR testing.  Just like big brother!  I'm so excited!  And learning how to write paragraphs.  My teacher adds on to the assignments to make them more challenging for us 5.  Sometimes, if I finish early, which is usually, I will help some of my classmates that don't know what to do.  I'm good at explaining how I got my answer.  Math is going well, but we're not doing much other than patterns, which is a bore.  I am ready for subtraction and multiplication.  Dad is proud of me.  

No comments: