So Kindergarten is going fine. I like my friends and all, but the teacher reads to us everyday...I mean, I don't get to read books at school. And we don't do math, and by that I mean addition. We've been doing shapes and patterns...which I covered last year. But I guess a review is okay. I guess we do a lot of artwork, which I like. We had an assessment last week and I got to stay at school one hour longer. But it was an easy assessment. I had to read a book. It was an easy book. Then I had to count....she didn't say to what, so I kept going. She stopped me at 65. I might have done a few other things, but they were simple. We got a homework packet for the whole month of September...and I finished it in 2 days. Except for the page about Johnny Appleseed. She hasn't gone over that, so I can't draw a picture about it. Mom is having me go over the packet and write more stuff. Like on the pages that have us draw a picture of something that starts with a letter (I think we cover 1/3 of the alphabet). So Mom has me go back and write as many "A" words as I can...for each of the letters. Mom and Dad thought it would be better if I went to 1st grade, but they won't let me because of my birthday...I missed the cut off by one week. Boo! I could totally rock 1st grade.
Mom is supplementing me with addition and subtraction worksheets and I can read some of Cameron's books. He recently started reading the Boxcar Childrens series...and I started them too. And yes, I do know what is happening. Mom quizzes me to make sure.
I usually don't use my fingers....I count with my lips..
At Cameron's guitar lessons..I'm waiting, so Mom wrote up some math
problems for me to do.
Reading book 1.



No comments:
Post a Comment