5.17.2012

Niles Canyon Railway Field Trip

My class took a field trip to the Niles Canyon Railway.  The railway was part of the original transcontinental railroads, so they are more than 100 years old.  You know I love trains, so this was the highlight of my school year.  I've been looking forward to this day for many moons.  I had to be at school at 8:30 this morning...so I of course, woke up at 6:45!  (I am normally not an early-riser....)

We rode on a school bus to Sunol.

Mom and I, in front of the train before boarding.  
Some seats are outside!

Smiles from ear to ear!

Got my ticket!

The conductor punched my ticket!!!

Big strong train.

Can you see us?

Sitting with Jason and Daniel George

Watching the trees go by

Checking out the open-air cars

All smiles

With Daniel G, Nathan, Ms D and Susan.



Look at all the trains they have

Another one.

This one says Southern Pacific

Then Western Pacific

Nice orange one

This nice man told us the history of the train.  :)  Thanks!

He's got a nice conductor outfit.

Big train

The Station.

Snack after the train ride.

Riding back with Jolene!


No comments: