12.18.2011

Croup, yikes!

So Friday night, I danced at Santana Row and did a great job.  I was kinda tired because I didn't take a nap since Maggie had arrived that day.  We are taking care of Maggie for one week.  At first I was kinda scared of her because she's a big dog and she can act kind of crazy.  She doesn't mean any harm, but she's big and kind of clumsy like.  Anyhow, we get home from dancing and .....fever, bark, fever bark bark.

Friday night, Mom slept with me.  I was sorta breathing funny and barking like crazy.  We didn't sleep much.  And I had a fever, not too high, but Mom was worried.

Luckily, the doctor has office hours on Saturday morning, so we went first thing.  She said I had croup...and an ear infection in my left ear.  I got some medicine and took it immediately.  For the croup.  The ear infection doesn't bother me, so she left that alone.  It may go away once I get over the croup.

Last night, I slept great.  Mom got some sleep too.  She slept next to me again because the Doc told her it could get worse the next 2 nights and visiting the emergency room that night was a possibility, depending on how bad my croup was.  But I feel much better.  I didn't cough as much and I finally got to sleep.  It was nice except Mom kept touching my face, checking my fever and my breathing.  No more fever, no more barking.  Just a cough and a funny sounding voice.  :)  Still recovering, so no exerting myself the next couple of days.  Who knew croup could be so scary?

No comments: