4.09.2008

You don't get me, I get you

When I "talk" no one understands me. It's usually a streaming "sentence" of "dah dah dah" or "yah yah yah's". The only signs I know are please and more. Sometimes I do eat too. I sure understand you though...well, some stuff. Like I'll go to where the drinks are in the cabinet, take one out and shake it for Mommy (this is me saying, fill her up). Then, Mommy will say, okay, you want a drink? Go get your cup and I'll fill it for you. (and I go get my cup). Then Mommy will say, close the cabinet please. (and I'll close it...both sides...really!) Other things I understand...."put back"...after the bath, Mommy says, "rinse the toys and give to Daddy" and I do. "Where's your balloon?...your cup?" I pretend not to understand "no", but Mommy is pretty sure I do.

And yes, I LOVE BALLOONS. Give me one and I can play happily for a while. I even like reading books with pictures of balloons in them. I know which book and which page has the balloons on them. Mommy doesn't like taking me to the grocery store because they always have balloon decorations, and I scream for them the whole time. I mean, give me one, there's a balloon on every turn, at every aisle, at every checkout. Just give me one! But we like going to Trader Joe's, cuz they give balloons and stickers!!! And Cameron always love the free snack and drink (the samples....)

I'm walking much better these days, hardly ever crawling. I do love climbing on things....like the couch, the fireplace (did you see Daddy's handiwork?), the coffee table, the train table...up up! I wander around the house all day. And Mommy plays catch me...:)

No comments: